Sunday, May 23, 2010

I want to plant a little garden. What flowers/vegetable seeds should I buy that I can plant right away?

(Meaning I can plant them in June and have vegetables or flowers by summer's end.)

I want to plant a little garden. What flowers/vegetable seeds should I buy that I can plant right away?
It's a little bit late for planting seeds (by the time they're mature enough to produce veggies, the season will be winding down). I would recommend finding starts at your local nursery (young plants, a little older than seedlings). Zucchini and other summer squash are easy to grow and will reward you with lots of food, and there's nothing quite like a tomato from your garden! Basil is also super easy to grow, as are most herbs. Wander the aisles at your local nursery and see what looks good! Good luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment