Sunday, May 23, 2010

When do you plant flowers in WI if you are using seeds?

Normally I use flowers that are already grown early/mid june and plant them but this year I wanted to plant seeds. Can anyone tell me when the best time to do this is?

When do you plant flowers in WI if you are using seeds?
You can find out what zone you're in, and what your expected last date of frost is here:


http://www.garden.org/zipzone/





Once you do this, the back of the seed packets usually will tell you how early to plant them- usually 6-8 weeks before the last frost.





I'm in Minnesota and I just started mine, so you should probably start yours pretty soon! Hope this helps:)
Reply:after the last frost (your guess is as good as mine)


you can start them inside in little pots now and then transplant when weather permits

my fish

No comments:

Post a Comment