Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I live in rural missouri... when should i start planting seeds in my flower beds?

I live in rural missouri too near the missouri- arkansas line.....i usally start planting seeds sometime next month after the next frost ends......so they dont die....lol

I live in rural missouri... when should i start planting seeds in my flower beds?
Here in Massachusetts we plant cold-weather plants like spinach and carrots as soon as you can dig the soil; i.e. it is no longer frozen. Warm weather plants such as corn, beans and pumpkins which would be harmed by a frost are planted 'when the oak leaves are as big as a squirrel's ear'.





You should be able to figure out when that would be for your area.





BTW, with Global Warming, the USDA Zones have moved north by about 1/2 a zone so the absolute dates have changed, but the nature-related clues still apply because they keep up with the weather change.
Reply:I live just north of you in southern Iowa. My rule of thumb is to wait till Mother's Day to plant stuff outdoors . That always seems to work well for me.

shoe labels

No comments:

Post a Comment